Your Guide to the Ardmore Neighborhood (What to do, Where to eat, Where to drink)
Ardmore, located southwest of Downtown, is a beautiful historic district and a popular Winston-Salem neighborhood for young families and medical students. Ardmore is known for its adorable homes and close proximity to both major hospitals. If you live in Ardmore, check out the Ardmore Neighborhood Association website and Facebook page to stay up to date on what is going on in the neighborhood.
Updated October 2023
Annual Events in Ardmore
- Ardmore Art Walk: Every fall, artists display their art in their front yard as residents and others shop from front yard to front yard.
- Ardmore RAH! The Race Against Hunger (RAH!) is a fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank each fall.
- Seasonal Decorations: Ardmore is a great neighborhood to find spooky Halloween decorations and beautiful Christmas light displays.
Restaurants in Ardmore:
- Cafe Arthur’s: A cozy, classic diner atmosphere and a sizeable menu with plenty of classic burgers, sandwiches, pasta, and more.
- Cin Cin Burger Bar: Home to some of the best burgers in the area. In addition to their gourmet burgers, try their speakeasy cocktails and boozy milkshakes.
- P.B.’s Takeout: The top dog of Winston-Salem since 1987. They are consistently voted one of the best hot dogs in the Triad.
- The Quiet Pint Tavern: A down-to-earth hangout with patio tables offering elevated pub eats and occasional live music. They have a large menu, so everyone will find something delicious to order.
- Bossy Beulah’s: Enjoy chicken sandwiches made with chicken from Joyce Farms, Duke’s Mayo, Copain buns, and house-made pickles. This chicken shack does not disappoint!
- Don Express: A casual, counter-service restaurant. There are a few seats inside and outside for you to enjoy your authentic Japanese items such as ramen, yakisoba (buckwheat-noodle stir-fry), gyoza pot-stickers, and chicken katsu (breaded, fried chicken).
Coffee Shops & Treats in Ardmore:
- Ardmore Coffee: A relaxed, eclectic atmosphere that feels like your neighborhood coffee shop (because it is).
- Chilly Philly: The perfect spot to cool off with Philly Water Ice (dairy-free) and ice cream! Get one scoop, a sampler of all 12 Water Ice flavors, a milkshake, or buy a quart to take home! They constantly rotate flavors so there is always something new to try.
- NataBelles Desserts: A bakery known best for its world-famous sweet potato brownie. The bakery also specializes in sweet potato cinnamon rolls and a variety of poundcakes.
Bars/Breweries in Ardmore:
- Stella Brew: A retail craft beer and wine market. They offer a vast selection of local, regional, and imported craft beer and wine. With a knowledgeable staff, you are bound to find something you love.
- Carlisle’s Pub: A true neighborhood pub in the heart of Ardmore that has two pool tables, darts, and arcade games.
Where to Shop in Ardmore:
- Fancy Groceries: Located inside Ardmore Barbershop, you’ll find a selection of apparel and accessories at this men’s clothing store.
Parks in Ardmore:
- Miller Park: The perfect spot for tennis, throwing a frisbee, playing fetch with your dog, or any outdoor game. You can also pack a picnic and eat in one of their shelters. Along with Miller Park, walk the neighborhood to see some beautiful updated historical homes.