Holiday Events in Winston-Salem
Experience the magic of the holiday season in Winston-Salem! From enchanting light displays to festive performances, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Check out these holiday events in Winston-Salem!
Don’t miss out on the excitement – sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about all the holiday events, including vendor markets, visits from Santa, wreath decorating classes, and more!
November 17 – January 1
- With over a million twinkling lights illuminating Tanglewood Park, visitors can drive along the route and marvel at the stunning array of 80+ Christmas light displays.
- Special Dates | Miles for Meals 5k (Nov 11), TOAST (Nov 12), Paws in the Park (Nov 13-14), Running of the Lights (Dec 31)
- Discount Nights | November 20-21 and November 27-28
November 21 – January 6
- Körner’s Folly transforms into a Victorian-inspired holiday wonderland. Take a self-guided tour throughout the home’s 22 rooms, which have been decorated from floor to ceiling. Tickets can be purchased online or in person.
- Special Dates | Christmas by Candlelight, December 2 & 16
November 24 – December 30 (Thursdays-Sundays)
- Experience a mesmerizing light display with over 8,000 captivating ‘flowers’ at Paul J. Ciener Botanical Garden. Be sure to take a stroll amidst the wisteria lights and illuminated trees scattered across the event lawn. Tickets are available for purchase online in advance or at the door.
November 29 – December 9 (limited time slots)
- The Home Moravian Church in Old Salem holds an annual Candle Tea to celebrate traditional Moravian Christmas customs such as candle-making and carol-singing. The tour lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Reservations are strongly encouraged!
December 1 – 17 (limited performances)
- Experience a captivating retelling of the Christmas story infused with gospel music, dance, and spoken word. Nativity According to the Gospels with North Carolina Black Repertory Company (NC Black Rep) at HanesBrands Theatre is a must-see holiday event in Winston-Salem. Buy tickets!
December 7 – 10
- The Nutcracker will be performed at the Steven Tanger Performing Arts Center this year due to the performance’s historical venue – the Stevens Center in Winston-Salem – being under renovation. Since 1966, this ballet has showcased the talent of hundreds of UNCSA students who bring this holiday tradition to life as dancers, musicians, and theater designers. Buy tickets!