Live Music in Winston-Salem + Live Music This Weekend
You can find live music almost every night of the week in Winston-Salem and the surrounding area. We love how the city attracts big talent as well as emerging artists. Grab your dancing shoes and head out to one of the many venues offering live music! To stay up to date, sign up for our newsletter now for more things to do in Winston-Salem.
Updated February 2024
Live Music (February 29-March 3)
Thursday, February 29
Friday, March 1
- Vinyl Tap at Village Square Tap House 9:30 PM
- Jesse Fox Duo at Wise Man Brewing 7 PM
- Doobe & The Accomplices at Joymongers Barrel Hall 7 PM
- Carolina Ambush at Earl’s 9:30 PM
- On The Border at The Playground 8:30 PM
- Alison Brown Quintet and Riley Baugus at The Ramkat 8 PM
- Taylor Mason at Foothills Tasting Room 6 PM
- Hotwax & The Splinters at Fiddlin’ Fish 7 PM
- Darrell Hoots at West Bend Bar 6 PM
- Tony Andrews at Little Brother Kernersville 7 PM
Saturday, March 2
- Bad Romeo at Village Square Tap House 9:30 PM
- Tan & Sober Gentleman at Wise Man Brewing 7 PM
- Jason Moss and the Hosses at Earl’s 9:30 PM
- U-Phonik at The Playground 8 PM
- Tall Tall Trees, Jon Stickley Trio, Songs From the Road, and Wyatt Ellis at The Ramkat 7 PM
- Robertson Boys at Foothills Tasting Room 6 PM
- Kevin Holdson at Incendiary Brewing Lewisville 5 PM
- William Nesmith at West Bend Bar 6 PM
- Love Machine at Little Brother Kernersville 7 PM
Sunday, March 3
- Jazz at East of Texas 1 PM
- James Vincent Carroll and Michael Chaney at Old Homeplace Vineyard 1 PM
- Sam Robinson at Little Brother Kernersville 1 PM
- Matt Page at West Bend Bar 2 PM
- Thomas Rucker at Incendiary Brewing Lewisville 2 PM
- Violet Bell at Footnote 2 PM
- Austin Miller at Foothills Tasting Room 3 PM
- Jeremy Soule & The Third Man at Bar Nola 2 PM
- Sunday Song Showcase (2 PM) and The Black Feathers (7 PM) at Muddy Creek Cafe
- Jazz at Foothills Brewpub 5 PM
ADDRESS | 170 W 9th St.
The Ramkat is a two-level, 11,670- square-foot, 1,000-person live music venue serviced by three bars offering a wide variety of beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. The Ramkat hosts a variety of concerts from country to rock n roll. Every weekend you can find someone rocking the house at The Ramkat.
ADDRESS | 405 4th St NW
The Stevens Center is the primary performance venue in downtown Winston-Salem and is owned and operated by the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Enjoy various productions throughout the year such as the Winston-Salem Symphony, Piedmont Opera Theatre, and more local organizations. Before you head to the Stevens Center, grab dinner and drinks at a restaurant downtown.
Note: The Stevens Center is currently closed due to renovations. Performances normally held at the Stevens Center have been moved to venues on campus and throughout Winston-Salem and at High Point Theatre. The timeline for reopening will be released once Phase II planning is complete.
ADDRESS | 750 Marguerite Dr.
With a variety of venues, SECCA has the ability to host a variety of musical offerings. Enjoy concerts outside or inside their auditorium.
ADDRESS | 633 N Liberty St.
ROAR has music almost every day of the week in their various venues (restaurants, rooftop, main floor Food Hall, downstairs). Head to their website to see whether they are having Jazz, a live DJ, or a multi-member band!
ADDRESS | 638 W 4th St. and 3800 Kimwell Dr.
With three locations, there is always someone playing music at either Foothills Brew Pub, The Tasting Room, or Footnote. From full-out bands to local artists playing their guitars, Foothills has it all. Check out their website for weekly lineups!
- Siren Series Jazz Monday at Footnote 6-8:30 PM
- Live Music Wednesday at the Brewpub 7-10 PM
- Live Music Friday-Sunday at the Tasting Room
- Jazz night Sundays at the Brewpub 5-8 PM
ADDRESS | 279 W 4th St.
A local favorite offering jazz every Tuesday and guest artists frequently throughout the week. With some of the best cocktails in town, Tate’s is a great place to be!
- Jazz on Tuesdays 8-11 PM
ADDRESS | 6000 Meadowbrook Mall Ct. #16
Located in Clemmons, Village Square Tap House has live music almost every weekend. From local artists to popular out-of-town bands, there is music for everyone.
ADDRESS | 121 W 9th St.
Earl’s offers A Nashville-styled menu with a southern flair. Enjoy wonderful food, a cool atmosphere, and live country music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Open mic night Wednesdays 8 PM
- Live music Fridays and Saturdays 9 PM
ADDRESS | 2675 Williams Rd, Lewisville
Old Nick Williams, located in Lewisville, is a great place to sit back and enjoy a drink from their distillery (they also have beer and wine). With their large outdoor seating area, there is plenty of room for you and your friends. Enjoy live music almost every weekend!
ADDRESS | 412 W 4th St.
Bulls is always a great choice for live music and dancing, and truly represents the spirit of the original Winston-Salem scene. Recreation Billiards houses two pool tables and a hidden secret downstairs…another bar, Whiskey Box! With three dartboards and a great speakeasy vibe, this duo is a great choice.
- Live music on Wednesdays 9 PM – 12 AM
ADDRESS | 1151 Canal Dr Suite 205
A popular bar in the West End area. Bar Nola is a New Orleans-themed music hall and tap house! Enjoy live music at least twice a week and sometimes more!
We are lucky to have many wineries and vineyards within 30 minutes of Winston-Salem. We promise there is at least one vineyard hosting live music on any given weekend. Check out our list of vineyards to find who is playing where. Remember that vineyards close early, so music might start and end earlier than bars and breweries.
Other Spots to Check Out:
- Gypsy Road Brewing
- Wise Man Brewing
- Fiddlin’ Fish
- Incendiary Brewing
- Radar Brewing
- Quiet Pint
- Muddy Creek Cafe
- Breathe Cocktail Lounge
- Old Nick’s Pub
- West Salem Public House – Live music almost every Monday night in the warm months
Annual Live Music Events
- Coal Pit Live – located at the “coal pit” behind Incendiary and Cugino Forno
- Gears & Guitars Music Festival – A 3-day festival featuring the WS Cycling Classic and musical performances in Bailey Park
- Barn Concerts at Reynolda Village
- Downtown Music Series (summer) – Downtown Jazz and Summer on Liberty brought to you by The Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership during the summer
- Summer Park Concert Series (summer) – 6 summer concerts brought to you by the Arts Council and Forysth County at various parks in the area
- Summer concerts at Shallowford – Enjoy a series of concerts in the summer in the town of Lewisville