Live Music in Winston-Salem + Live Music This Weekend
You can find live music almost every night of the week in Winston-Salem and the surrounding area. We love how the city attracts big talent as well as emerging artists. So grab your dancing shoes and head out to one of the many venues offering live music. To stay up to date, sign up for our newsletter now for more things to do in Winston-Salem!
Updated November 2022
Live Music (December 1-4)
Thursday, December 1
- Two Bird Stone at Incendiary Brewing (downtown) 6 PM
- The Red Umber Band at The Playground Golf & Sports Bar 7 PM
Friday, December 2
- Colin Allured at Foothills Tasting Room 7 PM
- Jay Alexander & Ashley Santiago at Wise Man Brewing 8 PM
- Jingles Springles at Montcastle Theatre7 PM
- Tuba Christmas Christmas at First Presbyterian Contemporary Worship Center 6:30 PM
- The Catchlight Project at Joymongers Barrel Hall 8 PM
- Souljam Trio at Radar Brewing Company 7:30 PM
- Simple Covers at Indendiary Brewing (Lewisville) 6 PM
- Stray Local at Fiddlin’ Fish 7:30 PM
Saturday, December 3
- Sounds of the Season Holiday Concert at Centenary United Methodist Church 3 PM
- Making Seasons Bright Holiday Concert at Hanesbrands Theatre 7 PM
- Christmas Wrapped in Brass at Hanes Auditorium 3 PM
- Alexander Lee at Wise Man Brewing 7:30 PM
- Luke Denison at Indendiary Brewing (Lewisville) 6 PM
- FemFest IX at The Ramkat
Sunday, December 4
- Michael Chaney at Foothills Tasting Room 3 PM
- Open the Door for Three at Footnote 2 PM
- Jazz at Foothills Brewpub 5 PM
- The Carolina Pines at ROAR 1 PM
- The Local Sons at Bar NOLA 2 PM
ADDRESS |170 W 9th St.
The Ramkat is a two-level, 11,670- square-foot, 1,000-person live music venue serviced by three bars offering a wide variety of beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. The Ramkat hosts a variety of concerts from country to rock n roll. Every weekend you can find someone rocking the house at The Ramkat.
ADDRESS | 1533 S Main St.
The Stevens Center is the primary performance venue in downtown Winston-Salem and is owned and operated by the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Enjoy various productions throughout the year such as the Winston-Salem Symphony, Piedmont Opera Theatre, and more local organizations. Before you head to the Stevens Center, grab dinner and drinks at a restaurant downtown.
ADDRESS | 750 Marguerite Dr.
With a variety of venues, SECCA has the ability to host a variety of musical offerings. Enjoy concerts outside or inside their auditorium.
ADDRESS | 633 N Liberty St.
ROAR has music almost every day of the week in their various venues (restaurants, rooftop, main floor Food Hall, downstairs). Head to their website to see whether they are having Jazz, a live DJ, or a multi-member band!
ADDRESS | 638 W 4th St. and 3800 Kimwell Dr.
With three locations, there is always someone playing music at either Foothills Brew Pub, The Tasting Room, or Footnote. From full-out bands to local artists playing their guitars, Foothills has it all. Check out their website for weekly lineups!
- Live music most Sundays at The Tasting Room 3-5 PM
- Bluegrass might most Wednesdays at Brewpub 8-11 PM
- Jazz night most Sundays at The Brewpub 5-8 PM
ADDRESS | 279 W 4th St.
A local favorite offering jazz every Tuesday and guest artists frequently throughout the week. With some of the best cocktails in town, Tate’s is a great place to be!
- Jazz on Tuesdays 8-11 PM
ADDRESS | 6000 Meadowbrook Mall Ct. #16
Located in Clemmons, Village Square Tap House has live music almost every weekend. From local artists to popular out-of-town bands, there is music for everyone.
ADDRESS | 121 W 9th St.
Earls offers A Nashville-styled menu with a southern flair. Enjoy wonderful food, a cool atmosphere, and live country music every Friday and Saturday night.
- Open mic night Wednesdays 8 PM
- Live music Fridays and Saturdays 9 PM
ADDRESS | 2675 Williams Rd, Lewisville
Old Nick Williams, located in Lewisville, is a great place to sit back and enjoy a drink from their distillery (they also have beer and wine). With their large outdoor seating area, there is plenty of room for you and your friends. Enjoy live music almost every weekend!
ADDRESS | 412 W 4th St.
Bulls is always a great choice for live music and dancing, and truly represents the spirit of the original Winston-Salem scene. Recreation Billiards houses two pool tables and a hidden secret downstairs…another bar, Whiskey Box! With three dartboards and a great speakeasy vibe, this duo is a great choice.
- Live music on Wednesdays 9 PM – 12 AM
ADDRESS | 1151 Canal Dr Suite 205
A popular bar in the West End area. Bar Nola is a New Orleans-themed music hall and tap house! Enjoy live music at least twice a week and sometimes more!
We are lucky to have many wineries and vineyards within 30 minutes of Winston-Salem. We promise there is at least one vineyard hosting live music on any given weekend. Check out our list of vineyards to find who is playing where. Remember that vineyards close early, so music might start and end earlier than bars and breweries.
Other Spots to Check Out:
- Gypsy Road
- Wise Man Brewing
- Fiddlin’ Fish
- Incendiary Brewing
- Radar Brewing
- Quiet Pint
- Muddy Creek Cafe
- Breathe Cocktail Lounge
- Old Nicks Pub
- West Salem Public House – Live music almost every Monday night in the warm months
Annual Live Music Events
- Coal Pit Live – located at the “coal pit” behind Incendiary and Cugino Forno
- Gears & Guitars Music Festival – A 3-day festival featuring the WS Cycling Classic and musical performances in Bailey Park
- Barn Concerts at Reynolda Village
- Downtown Music Series (summer) – Downtown Jazz and Summer on Liberty brought to you by The Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership during the summer
- Summer Park Concert Series (summer) – 6 summer concerts brought to you by the Arts Council and Forysth County at various parks in the area
- Summer concerts at Shallowford – Enjoy a series of concerts in the summer in the town of Lewisville