Affordable Eats in Winston-Salem
Winston-Salem is the perfect area to enjoy delicious food at affordable prices. Whether you’re looking for a quick sandwich or tasty tacos, you’ll find a number of great options in the city that won’t break the bank. We’ve done the leg-work and have compiled a list of some of the best budget-friendly cheap eats in Winston-Salem for you!
Presented by Piedmont Federal Savings Bank
At Piedmont Federal, their Purpose is simple – They Open Doors for You. They open doors for you to purchase a new home and to build savings; they open doors for your business to obtain the financing and banking services it needs; they open doors for our communities to be better places to live. Reach out to them today!
Updated April 2023
- You may have driven by this casual restaurant a hundred times but it’s time for you to stop by and give their menu a try. With options like the $6 grilled buffalo wrap or the $5 breakfast sandwich, your appetite and wallet will thank you.
- This take-out-only option is ideal for those picnic perfect sunny days. Order their famous 4-Piece Hand Breaded Wings for just $6.99 or enjoy a chicken sandwich for $6.19.
- Taco Tuesday is great, but taco every day is better. Taqueria Los Juanes is a taqueria inside a hispanic grocery store where you can enjoy four tacos for only $7.85.
- Related post: 5 Places to Find Authentic Tacos
- Head to Waldo’s Wings on Tuesdays for $0.79 bone-in or boneless wings! Wings not your thing? Try their hotdogs with a side for just $7.
- Related post: Best Wings in Winston-Salem
- Almost everything on PB’s Takeout menu is $5.40 or less. Enjoy two hot dogs and a side of fries for just $7. PB’s Takeout is cash only!
- Enjoy a variety of hot dogs at wallet-friendly prices – enjoy a cheese dog ($2.85), cheese super frank ($4.55), or a foot-long hot dog ($3.95). They also serve breakfast! Don’t sleep on their sausage, egg & cheese breakfast sandwich for just $3.85.
- Ted’s Famous Chicken, also known as Ted’s Kickin’ Chicken, has incredible lunch deals including a grilled chicken sandwich with a side and drink for only $9.50!
- This Italian Market has some of the best sandwiches and baked goods in the area. Make your own sandwich or order one from their menu. We love the $7.25 grilled chicken breast sandwich.
- Related post: Best Sandwiches in Winston-Salem
- In addition to hot dogs, Hot Dog City serves mouthwatering sandwiches and has a number of vegan options, all at an affordable price. Try the Original Philly Cheese Steak for $5.49 or the Rachel with Hot Pastrami for $5.99. Most items on their menu are around $6.
- TJ’s Deli has been serving delicious sandwiches, salads & other grill items for generations (Established in 1982). Try their famous Cham sandwich for $8.44 or their popular Thai Crunch salad for $8.94.
- This woman-owned restaurant serves NY thin-crust pizza, wings, subs, pasta, and more! Order 2 cheese slices with a drink $7 or 2 gourmet pizza slices with a drink for $9
- Related post: Best Pizza in Winston-Salem
- Locally owned and operated, Cafe’ Arthur’s is a classic diner serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy a 10oz Chopped Steak with 2 sides for only $8.50 or their breakfast special (1 pancake, 2 eggs, bacon, and coffee) for $5.29.
- Related post: Ardmore Neighborhood Guide
- For the spud lovers – extreme loaded baked potatoes with toppings like bacon, broccoli, and chicken for around $7. You can also enjoy Goody’s in the morning with an egg and cheese sandwich for $2.99.
- This straightforward eatery with a cafeteria-style setup is a go-to spot downtown. Order a BLT on Texas Toast for $5.49 or Texas Chili Dog for $6.
- May Way offers a simple menu of Chinese noodles, dumplings, soup, and steamed buns. Try their sweet and spicy cold noodles or fried chicken dumplings (6) for $4.75 or fried chicken dumplings (6).
- Related post: Top 5 Asian Restaurants in Winston-Salem
- Most sandwiches at Grecian Corner are around $7 with the Chicken Pesto Pita being the most expensive sandwich at $8. Additionally, for just $8 you can get your gyro fix!
- This old-timey joint with counter service offers barbecue sandwiches for $3.74 and hot dogs for $2.83. Taste a little bit of everything with a combo – (1) Hotdog, (1) BBQ Sandwich, drink & bag of chips all for just $7.91.
Check out these other great, affordable options for just a few more dollars.