Your Guide to West End (What to do, Where to eat, and Where to drink)
West End is by far one of the most quaint, fun, and lovely areas of Winston-Salem. The area is full of hole-in-the-wall eats, drinks, and fun unique shopping. Let’s delve into some of the best!
Updated October 2023
Restaurants in West End
- The Porch Kitchen and Cantina: One of the greatest Tex-Mex restaurants ever. With a wide variety of dishes and amazing drinks to suit everyone, The Porch brings a fresh, unique, and fun take on food!
- That Place in the West End: Boasts a wide variety of food and serves everything from exotic poke or tuna bowls to American classics, like wings and burgers. With tons of homemade sauces that add a fun, fresh taste to any dish, That Place in the West End is sure to be one of your favorite restaurants!
- Old Fourth Filling Station: A great date night and lunch spot. The food is classy and perfectly delicious and perfectly pairs with the relaxing atmosphere.
- Mozelle’s: A perfect place to sit down for a classy meal and a glass of wine. With both inside and outside seating, Mozelle’s is in a prime location for an amazing experience.
- Smoke City Meats: A neighborhood butcher shop bringing locally farmed and responsibly sourced meat to Winston-Salem.
- In Demand: Offers Asian street food and unique burgers. With everything from the Ahi Tuna Plate to loaded fries to Carolina Burgers, In Demand is sure to have something everyone will love!
- Sea Products Seafood Market: A full-service retail seafood market carrying some of the finest and freshest seafood. In addition, Sea Products sells prepared foods made in house, smoked fish, fine wines, and more!
- Bernardin’s: An upscale, contemporary restaurant offering a unique menu. They specialize in seafood, lamb, beal, and beef. Enjoy excellent service in an elegant atmosphere made for romantic evenings!
- West End Café: Known for its incredible lunch and dinner, the café has daily lunch specials and a menu that changes each season. And don’t forget the coffee! Brewed in-house, and made with love, the coffee at West End Café is worthy of an entire morning.
Coffee Shops & Treats in West End
- Louie and Honey: The name alone makes you want to go sit for hours and sip on a hot cup of coffee. With cakes, pastries (the cinnamon rolls are a particular favorite), unique lattes, and other coffee drinks, Louie and Honey is an incredibly aesthetically pleasing woman-owned coffee shop.
- The Remedy: This coffee shop has everything from simple drip coffees to speciality drinks in a variety of flavors. They also serve beer, cocktails, wine, and meal items, so you could hang out here all day if you wanted to!
- Café Gelato: This place cannot be beaten! With changing flavors, cute patio seating, and an awesome owner, Café Gelato is a terrific spot to dig into some delicious homemade gelato.
Bars in West End
- Joymongers Barrel Hall: A pleasing environment to grab a drink and relax with friends. With tons of seating inside and outdoors and over 17 beers on tap (some you can only get in Winston-Salem), Joymongers is the place to be.
- Hoots Beer Company: Both a fun drinks spot and an awesome lounge, Hoots Beer Co. is a unique place to visit for a few drinks. If you get hungry, grab some food next door at The Porch.
- The Tap: Right on the corner in West End, The Tap is a great spot for drinks and for watching the sunset from its porch. It also hosts a weekly trivia night on Tuesdays!
- West End Opera House: Don’t miss this treasure tucked away in West End. A tiny vintage bar that packs a powerful punch and good time, Opera House is the place to be on a weekend.
- Bar NOLA: A New Orleans-themed bar featuring specialty cocktails, wine and beer, games, darts, and live music on the weekends. Enjoy bingo on Tuesdays and trivia on Wednesdays.
Where to Shop in West End
- Yours Truly: An amazing upscale consignment shop. From brands like Coach, Prada, WhiteHouseBlackMarket, and so many others, the inventory is constantly changing. Your Truly has furniture downstairs and clothes and accessories upstairs.
- Camel City Goods: A very specific shop full of all things Winston-Salem. Camel City Goods has anything you could want, from clothes to home décor to car accessories.
- Elizabeth’s at Hanes Park: A fun place to shop for truly unique home décor. Elizabeth’s has both DIY furniture and décor, plants, and other artists’ products. You could easily spend an entire day browsing here.
- Fiddle and Fig: This shop is known throughout Winston for its absolutely adorable and seasonal home décor. Classy, well-priced, and unique is what you will find at Fiddle and Fig.