Gyms in Winston-Salem
How do you like to exercise? Cycle? HITT? Zumba? Box? Functional Training? Pilates? No matter your preference, Winston-Salem has a gym for you!
Updated April 2023
A high-intensity workout with a great community
400 W. 4th Street Suite 120
- They often run different specials like 1 week free or 3 free rides. They also offer exclusive deals for our newsletter subscribers so be sure to sign up!
- Offers early and late classes- everything in between
- Exciting music and coaches to help keep stamina during sessions
- Classes are designed to help create goals and help each individual meet their performance metrics while in a group setting
- Inclusive spin classes that promote goals, fitness, and support
- Conveniently located downtown
45 minutes of functional training
486 N. Patterson Ave Suite 125
- They offer many events such as Free Friend Fridays, End of Month Bash with a live DJ, Fitness Fridays in the Coal Pit where everyone grabs a drink after, and a Run Club. Be sure to follow them on Instagram to stay up to date with their latest events.
- Monday, Wednesday, Fridays are cardio days, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sundays are resistance days and Saturdays are a mix of both.
- F45 gives all members access to their own free personal nutrition program to achieve health objectives with daily meal plans, tracking, and community support.
- Continual trainer support to ensure a total body workout and provide guidance for each exercise, promoting safety and proper technique
- Team training provides a supportive environment with step by step guidance on workouts
- A variety of changes for each workout to keep things interesting and provide the best impact for your whole body/cardio workout
- Challenging workouts that allow for personal growth and reward.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to warm up and meet with the coaches
5077 Country Club Rd.
- Unlimited camps, focus meetings, universal access to all locations with membership
- Free child care included
- Packages available for those who do not want to commit to an unlimited membership
- Drop-in classes available in sets of 10 or 20
- Camps include warm-up sessions, 45 minutes of specially designed classes combining strength and intensity interval training
- A free week trial is available
- Online classes available
3499 Burke Mill Rd.
– Time to get your boxing on! Their workouts are for everyone at every level – no boxing experience required.
– A typical class includes a warm-up, boxing, functional, strength-building exercises, and a cooldown.
– Their trainers are professionally certified, accredited, and have years of experience boxing and kickboxing.
– Options to try one or two classes for free
– No workout is the same. Expect something new each day.
– Enjoy their high-end sound and light systems so each workout feels like a party
532 N Main St.
– Class sizes are limited to 16 athletes to ensure personalized coaching
– 12-week structured training blocks to maximize your performance and track progress
– Locally owned by two Wake Forest graduates
– 4,000sq ft fitness studio with BRAND NEW state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment
Several locations throughout Winston-Salem
301 N. Main Street
3474 Robinhood Road
901 Waterworks Road
Jerry Long Family YMCA in Clemmons
Kernersville Family YMCA
- Family-friendly with lots of different classes/events
- Additional sports activities for any age
- Boot camps/classes/yoga/specialty training/weight-loss support and programs
- Free weights and equipment
- Special fitness events
- Wellness programs to support the community and individuals on their health journey
A place where you will discover muscles you didn’t know you had.
114K Reynolda Village
205P S. Stratford Road
- Offers a free instruction class for beginners
- You can purchase individual classes
- Group setting to help form community and support when achieving fitness goals
- Instructors to help with form, poses, stretching, and techniques to guide you through each class
- Whole-body workout working on muscle strength and flexibility
367 Lower Mall Dr.
- Free first class to new clients
- Utilize the App to view classes, save your favorites, workout summaries, track challenges, and body composition
- Coaches to help you meet your goals
- High energy environment to encourage and support your fitness goals
- Variety of heart-pumping workouts to get you the best bang for your buck in each class
- Conveniently located with plenty of parking
610 N. Liberty St.
- Options to try a class before purchasing a membership
- Inclusive workout classes to promote community, diversity, and fitness
- Coaching to help you meet all your fitness goals
- Different membership options or a drop in as well as open gym
- Community events to support each other and fitness/wellness
690 Jonestown Rd.
- Owned and operated for women by women
- Mixxedfit, Zumba, Zumba toning, aqua Zumba, dance mix, and Zumba gold classes offered
- Functional fitness including but is not limited to cardio, kick, boot camps, body fusion, hip hop cycle, and more
- A variety of yoga classes offered including flow, chair, mat, and restorative
580 Hanes Mall Blvd
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Key fob access to members to come and go whenever is convenient
- Workout Anytime App with 100’s of virtual exercises and workouts
- Functional fitness a variety of cardio equipment, personal coaching from trainers, strength training, TRX systems, Hydro Massage, tanning beds, and more
- A free trial is available and you can book a tour online
104 Progress Ln Suite 60
- Classes led by expert coaches who are in the pursuit of helping members succeed in their fitness journey
- Classes combine elements of cardio, strength, gymnastics, agility, balance, and more
- You will find a supportive community at Camel City Crossfit that will even finish sets with you
- They have an APP to help you track your physical fitness progress and daily diet
- Child care offered during specific times
- They offer classes and open gym times for you to workout on your own
Written by Kelly P.
Kelly is a Northern native that loves all things Winston-Salem. She enjoys exploring local businesses, restaurants, events, and more with her family and dog.”